BLUE SCREEN SHUTDOWN HAPPENED BUT THERE HAVE BEEN NO NEW DOWNLOADS OR NEW CHANGES TO MY COMPUTER

C

CHRISMUR

Hello All,

My Computer has stopped working and is showing a Bluescreen error message which states that `a problem has been detected and windows has been shutdown to prevent damage to your computer`.

My Computer runs Windows 7 Home Premium and I have not downloaded anything that I am aware of for months so this should not have been caused by any software / new programs.

There was very little technical detail showing on the Bluescreen error message except for this on the first time that it appeared - this is typed exactly as it appeared:

%SystemRoot%System32\wbem\repository

Destination: WmStaging

I then turned off the computer and turned it on again pressing F8 to enter the start up menu and selected `Repair my Computer`.

Because I thought that I could just restore my Computer to another time I carried out the System Restore process and when the computer restarted I received a message that this had been done / saw evidence of some changes to the programs on the computer I thought that this had removed the problem but the Bluescreen shutdown / error appeared again after a few minutes.

The Bluescreen error message technical details are now different to the previous details - it is showing:

STOP: 0x000000B8 [0X866E6D48, 0X865BCD48, 0XD185FFD0, 0X00000000]

There is a word before STOP but it is off screen / not visible.

I am guessing that it must be the same `Fault` because there was no Bluescreen fault on the computer at the time of the restored to date - I am assuming that because the computer is now different to before the `restore to a different time` process that is why the previous error message technical detail is different ?

The other text on the Bluescreen error message is just stating to disable or remove any new hardware or software but as I mentioned there is nothing new that had been installed for a long time.

I know that this statement may frustrate some readers and prevent some people from trying to help me but I must state that I have very little knowledge of `Computing` having started using one very late in life but I feel that if someone could give me `Idiot Proof` instructions I might be able to follow them.

I tried taking a photo of the Bluescreen error message but even with it displayed large on my TV I could not get a clear enough photo for anyone to be able to read it if I could have uploaded it here.

If I cannot get my Computer working again it will have a massive effect on my life - I have been `Shielding` from the Corona Virus for over 260 days - I have to order my Food & Grocery shopping online as I cannot go out and I don`t have anyone who could do my shopping for me - so if I cannot use my Computer I would be in real trouble regarding not getting Food.

Also my main method of keeping in touch with distant family members and a couple of friends is by Email.

I do not have a Smart phone and I am retired so I will never be able to afford to buy a new Computer - I have borrowed a friend`s laptop to write and submit this question / message but I will only be able to keep it for a few days to hopefully view any replies to this and try to solve my computer problem.

I would really appreciate any information on what those error messages relate to and any help in rectifying the situation - as I mentioned could you please give `Step by Step` instructions Please.

My regards,

Chris

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom