HELP - Win 10 Pro transfer not working. MS Help Chat app crash cant get help

M

marcusmatrix

Hi guys,

I gave away my old system to my sister and built a new one.

I checked that both license were RETAIL version and both were and were linked

to our MS account.

My sister's license transfer worked fine but mine didn't. I erased

my laptop and old system from my MS account before activating windows 10 pro on

my new build and windows don't want to activate.

Its listing computers I have logged on previously and it says the windows version don't match ( Win 10 home ).

These systems are not mine so its worthless.

It just seems like I cant reactivate my 2 Win Pro licenses right now ( worth 600$ + ).

One is from a dead laptop, the other was on the system I gave away to my sibling ( without SSD ).

From what I am reading, I think I shouldn't have had deleted my 2 devices before reactivating but I am

pretty sure this can be reversed/fixed by MS tech support. I think the activation troubleshooter cant find my

previous devices with licenses to transfer and I think this is the problem. I just cant get somebody to help now from MS

and that is the upmost frustrating given how much my 2 Win Pro licenses are worth.

I tried using the chat app multiple times but it always crashes when I try the call me back option and cant chat with anybody from

support right now on the app. I am not even sure if I am in a chat queue or not ( not very friendly interface, software engineer comment here ).

MSFT Customer Phone number also point me back to online chat so now I cant get my hands on

a tech over the phone.

Anybody can help ? This is a computer I use to work from home and cant afford to have a locked down pc because I cant get

support to reactivate my device. I cant get support right now so I am stuck right now. My job might be on the line if MSFT locks out

my system right now.

Thanks !

Continue reading...