With each restart/startup, 2 "BlueScreenOfDeath" in a row, than no problems

• Thread starter NathanChinchilla
  • Start date
N

NathanChinchilla

Hello ! (posted on answers.microsoft.com/fr-fr/ but it doesn't seem to be much activity there)

I recently swapped my 2nd drive (a 2TB hard drive) to a 2TB SSD,

I did it "brutally" : i copy pasted the contend of the old drive (aprox. 1TB of data) to the new SSD,

The old drive had the letter D, and so i renamed it to a new letter, and named the ssd with the letter D,

It corrupted a lot of things, i followed a tutorial involving chkdsk, a lot of files disappeared and i had to copy paste everything again,

After that, all files where accessible and i had no problems appart from this one :

With each restart/startup, i get 2 "BlueScreenOfDeath" in a row, just after i enter my password.

After the 2nd restart, it prompt me multiple options to restore or whatever, i choose to simply continue and after that there is no 3rd blue screen and no more problems

here some things that can help :

Computer name: LENOVO-LEGION-Y

Windows version: Windows 10, 10.0, version 2009, build: 19042

Windows dir: C:\WINDOWS

Hardware: 81Q4, LENOVO, LNVNB161216

CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 8664, level: 6

12 logical processors, active mask: 4095

RAM: 17095184384 bytes (15,9GB)

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

Crash dump directories:
C:\WINDOWS
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

On Fri 04/12/2020 20:58:16 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\120420-18078-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3F5210)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFD0, 0x2, 0xFFFFF80718ADB8C6, 0x2)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 04/12/2020 20:58:16 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: rwdrv.sys (RwDrv+0x10AC)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFD0, 0x2, 0xFFFFF80718ADB8C6, 0x2)
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\rwdrv.sys
product: RwDrv Driver
company: RW-Everything
description: RwDrv Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: rwdrv.sys (RwDrv Driver, RW-Everything).
Google query: rwdrv.sys RW-Everything PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

On Fri 04/12/2020 20:56:41 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\120420-14718-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3F5210)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFD0, 0x2, 0xFFFFF8061BCDB8C6, 0x2)
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Theses informations comes from a program that analyse crash called WhoCrashed,

it suggest the drivers of rw-everything to be the cause, but i have no idea how to update/reinstall this driver.

Thanks in advance to respond faster than the french answers.microsoft (well it's starting to get late at night)

Do not hesitate to ask for, for expemple, the minidump files so you can analyse it better than what i did.

While a solution isn't found, i can still simply wait for my computer to restart 2 times at each startup, it takes less than a minute anyway :)

Continue reading...