Display not working after resuming from a "screen off" state.

J

JohnBerrettini

I recently upgraded hardware (motherboard, CPU, RAM, M.2 SSD and video card also keeping the old drives - 2 SSDs and a spinning 2TB) and started with a fresh install of Win 10 Pro on the 1TB M.2 SSD. I installed manufacturers drivers for all components and updated the BIOS.

After 30 minutes the screens turn off per on the the power & sleep setting. Upon waking the screens, elements of the display do not display properly and/ or are non-responsive to mouse clicks. The windows key on the keyboard and icon (if I can find it on the taskbar on screen) are both usually non-responsive too.

Control - Alt - Delete does allow me to get to task manager where restarting File Explorer (recommended for this problem in another community post) fixes the display and non-responsive input issues but if file explorer is not already running, this option is not available. I then have to shut down and restart to resolve but I loose the ability ability to save work or pick up where I left off when the screens went to sleep.

I have reinstalled the OS once and run sfc & DISM from an elevated command prompt multiple times with no corruption apparent.

System information (copied from Settings - About):

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 3.60 GHz

Installed RAM 32.0 GB

Device ID 5353630B-6B6E-42A5-BBD1-13FAC8581A92

Product ID 00330-80000-00000-AA177

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Edition Windows 10 Pro

Version 20H2

Installed on ‎12/‎1/‎2020

OS build 19042.630

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0