Windows Media Feature Pack is not working at all.

99cone99

I need windows media player. Currently the only way to get it on a windows N copy is through the media feature pack. I Installed the pack through the settings, add option feature. After restarting my PC it did not add windows media player or any of the things it promised. After doing a lot of searching I came across the "Turn windows features on or off" option. After searching in here I found the "media features" tab. This tab is off. Any attempts to turn it back on are met with me closing the window and then reopenign the window to find its been turned off again. I have not done any fiddling with any sort of settings or registrys that could have caused this problem. Going into the control panel and trying to troubleshoot is also a deadend as the option for "windows media player" is not even there.

One strange thing that ocurred was when I was trying to re-enable the media features setting, was that when I turned it on then back off without closing the window, it tried to remove the feature. It was stuck like this for roughly 10 minutes before giving up and returning "Could not remove this pack".

Anything to help would be appreciated, I've been at this for 3 days until I just decided to ask the community.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom