Windows Setup (Getting files ready for installation) stuck or taking really long time on 13%

J

JackTheMac02

Hi,

I wanted to move my OS from HDD to SSD. My original OS HDD was 1TB and it had only 200GB left. My SSD is 128GB. I downloaded Windows Media Creation Tool to download ISO file which i burned on DVD. I copied all stuff which i wanted to keep to my USB flash drive and shutted down my PC. I unplugged my original OS HDD and my second 2TB HDD. I already used my SSD but only for one game which i removed before doing any of this. When i started Windows Setup i cleaned and did basic stuff to my SSD from CMD. Then i selected my SSD (there was an another unlocated ?disk? which only had around 13MB space.) Before getting to the "Installing Windows" screen i tried 2 times copy my DVD files to my SSD using xcopy command (using another Microsoft guide but it didn't work. it got stuck at "Install.esd"). First time i shutted down my PC and tried again. Second time i shutted my PC and my error was just disk type was incorrect. I converted the disk and it let me press next. Copying Windows files got checked but on the "Getting files ready for installation" got stuck to 13%. I restarted my PC and tried again and still got stuck at 13%.

Does it just take long time or is there something i can do. (I tried searching this problem and i read that unplugging useless things can help. I unplugged everything except my 1 out of 3 monitors which currently is displaying the download.)

I hope somebody can help me. I will leave my PC do its thing for the night and if it was just really slow i will comment about it.

PS. I will format my both HDD's after i get this done. (They are not currently plugged into my PC)

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom