"the audio service is not running" - all installed audio devices don't show up in control panel

N

NathanS8

Yesterday my computer crashed and on reboot it recommended to rollback a few days previous, so I did. and when it started up the audio will not work. (never had any audio issues in over a year with the same laptop.) when i left click on the sound icon in the bottom left, it begins the troubleshooting popup, and it says one or more audio service isnt running. not fixed. and a red X. I've spent the past hour or so searching up fixes online, including updating drivers, installing previous versions of audio drivers, going into control panel to look at playback devices (showing disabled and disconnected devices) and there are 0. none. nor will anything show up when i connect various headphones or earbuds. I tried going into the services window to manually start the windows audio (which is set to automatic but doesnt start.) it comes back with an error message saying

"windows could not start the windows audio service on local computer. Error 0x80070005: access is denied"

i am logged into my computer as an administrator, so I'm not sure why it is saying I dont have access.

so yeah now im here looking for a fix.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom