[Bug Report] Display Freezes and Glitches on Windows 10 20H2 Update

G

GefiveK

Bug Description

I am facing a severe screen freeze and glitch problem on Windows 10 which occurs at randomly and multiple times. I have tried everything from updating display drivers to using NVidea driver for display, but the bug persists. There seems to be no answers online for this issue in the second update of 20H2.

The following is image of what the display looks like:

fc11a6bc-6eef-406f-9282-c3529e4f647c?upload=true.jpg

System Information

Windows 10 Home

Version:
20H2 (OS Build 19042.662)

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz

RAM: 32.0 GB

Architecture: x64

Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

Device: DELL G5, M.2 NVME SSD (for os), HDD 7200RPM (for program files)

Extra Information

This issue has occured multiple times. It occurs randomly, so I am completely dumb-stuck by it. There is no way for me to monitor what is causing this issue. I tried keeping the process monitor open, but didn't help much.

The last occurance (same as the image above) occured when I was watching a YouTube video and occured as soon as the video was set fullscreen through the YouTube video player.

So here are the browser information incase it helps to reproduce this issue:

Browser: Mozilla Firefox Stable

Version: 83.0 (64-bit)

Add-Ons: UBlock Origin, Decentraleyes

Settings: Strict Enhanced Tracking Protection, Clear data on exit, never remember history.

Note: Now that I recall, this has also occured even when my browser was not open. Sometimes this problem has occured when I'm using notepad or other software. All drivers are updated. Native system drivers are also updated.

Any help is appreciated. I have lost a lot of time because of this bug.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom