Sony WH-XB900N stuttering after fresh Windows 10 install

B

BattalBoy

I own the Sony WH-XB900N, and an MPOW MPBH079AB Bluetooth USB adapter, and have been using them with no problem for a year. Yesterday, I installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 on my PC using the media creation tool. I went through the same steps to install the drivers as I did when I first got the adapter, installing the drivers from the MPOW website. When I pair and connect the headphones, I noticed that the auto was now stuttering constantly, which never happened before.

I have tried:

• Restarting my PC.
  • Removing the headphones and pairing them again.
  • Installing all available Windows updates.
  • Uninstalling drivers for the headphones in device manager and restarting my PC.
  • Uninstalling the drivers for the adapter in device manager, and reinstalling them.
  • Searching for new drivers in Windows update.
  • Running "sfc /scannow" in elevated command prompt.
  • Running the Bluetooth and audio troubleshooters.
  • Everything suggested in Bluetooth headset will only show as hands-free device, but not stereo.
  • Uninstalling literally everything related to Bluetooth in device manager and restarting my PC.

I cannot revert drivers or windows version since it is a fresh windows install.

I have also noticed that when I open sound control panel, under Playback I only see one item for the headphones, when before there were two: 'Headphones (Hands free audio)' and 'Headphones (stereo)'. Now, I only see 'Headphones (Hands free audio)'.

In Settings, Bluetooth and other devices, it says 'Connected' under the headphones, when before it would say 'Connected Voice, Music'.

I am sure the headphones work fine, since I can use them fine with my phone. I also know the Bluetooth adapter works fine since I have tested it on another PC and it worked fine. Since then, I have also updated that PC to the latest version of Windows using the same bootable media I created using the media creation tool, and that PC is now having the exact same issue.

I feel like I have exhausted all options and I am not sure what else to try. Any help would be appreciated.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom