So many problems with new computer

• Thread starter StephenNichols4
  • Start date
S

StephenNichols4

I bought a new HP desktop one week ago. From the moment I turned it on for the first time it's been one problem after another. Every once in awhile I can stream a video, but for the most part I get the loading icon spinning around and around and nothing happens. The audio basically doesn't work. I'll get maybe 20 minutes of audio functionality (although hard to test because I can't stream anything) before the red x shows up on the speaker icon in task bar and I get the message "The Audio Service isn't running." I have updated windows, I have updated drivers, I have uninstalled and reinstalled drivers and nothing fixes the problem.

I tried to test the audio by playing a cd in media player, but media player will start to load only to freeze after about a minute and give me the "program not responding" message. I've tried to open media player a dozen times and have yet to be able to do it. I have gotten the "not responding" message a number of times on my internet browsers as well (Edge and Firefox). I tried to open the McAfee antivirus program to look at the settings and McAfee froze. Yesterday, windows froze while on screensaver and I had to force restart. I have had to restart Windows Explorer a number of times because the taskbar is unresponsive.

Would reinstalling Windows help???

I'm about ready to take this computer back and spend the extra money on a mac.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom