Surface Pen not being recognized as Pen, but as Mouse, with Remote Desktop

• Thread starter KonstantinFromHome
  • Start date
K

KonstantinFromHome

Hey there,

I recently wanted to use make better use of my old and slow MS Surface 3 by using it as a Remote Desktop Client to my main Computer. So far it works pretty well, but my Surface Pen (Bought only recently, so a new one) seems to be recognized as a Mouse:

-When I hover and touch the display of my Surface while Remoting to the Computer, it shows the classic Mouse Cursor

-It doesn't allow me to scroll through Webpages, for example (I can still do that with my finger like normal, tough)

-In OneNote, whenever I want to draw and select a Pen or Highlighter, and I try to draw, the cursor changes automatically to the Select Objects Button. Only when 'Draw with Mouse or Touch' is enabled, I can draw with the Pen. Also, OneNote can't distinguish between the Tip and the Eraser of the Pen.

I can find the Pen in Device Manager, in the 'Human Interface Devices' Section, as 'HID-compliant pen' When using the Surface on its own, there is in addition to the 'HID-compliant pen' 'Surface Pen Settings', in the same Section.

When using the Surface on its own, I haven't experienced any problems at all.

I have: Fairly recent Windows Editions on both devices (both Win10), and am using the 'OneNote for Windows 10'-App, also on both devices. Remote Desktop also has the most recent update from the Store.

Any help how I can fix this Problem would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks a lot :)

Konstantin

Continue reading...