Bluetooth problem when switching profile between Headset/Headphones

M

MarkusKohli

I'm using an HP Elitebook 1040 G7; ever since I got that a couple of weeks ago, I have a problem with my bluetooth headsets (no matter which).

Every bluetooth headset is usually connected with two profiles, Headset for communications and Headphone for media, with stereo sound etc.

Now...

Upon a clean reboot, I can run Skype for Business, Bria, Teams, whatever and make calls without any problem.

I can listen to Spotify or any other media, works as well. I can listen to music, when a call comes in the music stops, I can answer the call, everything fine.

After a while (and I can't say how long, as it differs a lot), I can't hear people on the other side of the call anymore. And no, nothing is muted.
Going back to media, the sound comes as usual, but somehow the bluetooth stack seems to have a problem switching to the Headset profile for some reason.

I've already updated Windows itself as well as the driver for the bluetooth adapter (Intel), nothing helped.
Sometimes it all works for several hours or even an entire day, sometimes I even have to boot twice, before it starts working again.

What's more: when disabling/enabling bluetooth through the settings, this takes forever. Switching off is fast, but then the settings are kind of freezing and I can click the bluetooth-button as much as I want, nothing happens instantenously.

After 2 to 3 minutes then bluetooth suddenly kicks in again and devices start to reconnect.

As everything worked on the device I had before this Elitebook and the headsets (I have several, all show the same behaviour) also work flawlessly with a Samsung tablet, I'm beginning to fear the bluetooth-chip might be faulty.

Any ideas? Help?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom