Desktop shortcuts acting up

• Thread starter Jurriën Klaver
  • Start date
J

Jurriën Klaver

A few days ago, the game shortcuts on my desktop started showing green circles in the left bottom on each one, which I thought was because they were backed up by OneDrive, which I thought was probably a new update. A little while after that, random new shortcuts got placed on my desktop, a lot of which were "internet shortcuts". From that point I started to get a little worried, as I didn't know why it was happening and I hadn't clicked anything or changed any settings. Yesterday when I started my laptop, which is logged into the same account on both windows as OneDrive, about 90% of my desktop (of my laptop) was filled up with shortcuts and "internet shortcuts", which is when I got really worried. Now today I got home and I started my PC, when I noticed a few of my game shortcuts were missing. This made me worry even more considering all types of things have happened over the past few days. I decided to open up steam and click "add desktop shortcut" for the games that were missing, after doing this for the first game, I checked my desktop and I saw almost all my game shortcuts and a few other shortcuts like discord all disappearing within a second, which is when I just got straight up mad. Can someone please tell me what is going on and how I can fix this? It's really annoying me and I don't think this type of stuff should be happening without me doing anything.

Continue reading...