Please add the ability to show the system tray on multiple displays simultaneously.

R

rud2020

This isn't really a question, and my request is really all in the title if you want a tl;dr version.

But I went to find what I thought would be a simple option in the taskbar settings. Failed to find it, went to Google. Turns out many, many people have asked the same question across years of Windows 10 being available, but it still has not been added as of December 2020.

So please, Microsoft: add the ability to display the system tray on multiple monitors at once.

To be clear, the system tray is the small cluster of icons in the bottom right (by default) at the end of the task bar, next to the clock and date display. On the primary monitor (or secondary if you mess around with some settings, but never more than one at the same time!) these icons provide convenient access to things like sound settings. That, in fact, is the one I'm most interested in, as I'm often switching between several different sound output devices. One of those devices is my TV, which is a bit away from my monitor, and right now it's very inconvenient to swap between my PC speakers and my TV's sound output if I'm accessing the PC from the TV position.

Anyway, it's a simple feature, you can already duplicate your entire taskbar on multiple monitors, and Windows 10 is ancient now. Please add it.

Thanks!

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom