error message "new cpu installed tpm corrupted" after turning laptop on

L

laptop12test

I stepped away from my laptop for an hour and when i came back the screen was black looked like it was turned off. I tried closing and opening the screen since this usually turns on the laptop, that dind't work so i pushed the power button. After this the following message was shown.

"New CPU installed. fTPM NV corrupted or fTPM NV structure changed.

Press Y to reset fTPM. If you have Bitlocker or encryption enabled, the system will not boot without a recovery key.

Press N to keep previous fTPM record and continue system boot. fTPM will not enable in new CPU, you can swap back to the old CPU to recover TPM related keys and data"

I choose the option N since that seemed like the savest option, after this the laptop started and said that there was trouble with my PIN and i had to set it again.

When i restart my laptop again in a normal way trough the menu, the same message is shown again.

I have an Ideapad 5 15, Ryzen 5 45000 with 16gb RAM. Windows 10 Home. The laptop is new

I did saw a notifcation this morning about a windows update, but i didnt click on it.

As far as i know i dont have an Bitlocker (i have read that it's a windows 10 pro thing, and i have windows home)

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom