Random event, system acts as if down arrow key is being held down

H

HannahChynoweth

I have windows 10, have had windows 10 since release. This is a newer issue that started happening this year. I have swapped out keyboards, i have a new mouse, I do use an xbox one controller for gaming but always have. And for the last ehh.. year ish this has befuddled me. Its random in that i dont know what causes it, nor do i know how to fix it other than rebooting the whole system. I used to only notice this when i'd go to shut down for the evening after gaming and the start menu would be like down arrow key being held, so trying to click on the shut down button was a game of wack-a-mole. I have since noticed it happen on other applications, like i couldn't use the calculator earlier because it did this and i couldn't get it to activate any other buttons due to it wanting to just scroll through all options available on the calculator. I tried opening a photo in photo viewer and it started mad scrolling through all the photos that came after (a down arrow function) I've read other peoples comments about this similar issue but haven't found an answer or fix. While this is happening the game i am playing is unaffected by this event seeming to only affect Windows applications.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom