Windows 10 - Desktop App Permission Issues - My Microsoft Account (Admin) - No access even running as Admin

G

GeorgeLecakes

I'm not sure what the latest batch of updates from Microsoft have done, but I'm running into serious permission issues with applications that were working fine not too long ago.

I did a full clean install of Windows 10 earlier this week.

I reinstalled my applications and I am getting write permission issues on my primary drive where my OS is installed. Specifically my Documents folder. Many of these applications such as Substance Painter and Roblox Studio are trying to autosave to their respective folders in Documents and I'm getting repeated errors.

Worse is that this is locking me out of basic functionality to create assets and export based on preferences.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get access back to my own Documents folder? During installation it created the folder. Why can't it access it?

I checked the security tab and I see that Administrator has a red X by it. I haven't done anything on this computer to attempt to share files or folders with other computers and I can't find very good information online about how to address this issue.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom