Internet Cutting Out- weird message about cache.

D

DanielWeispfenning

Hi Microsoft community-

For the last couple of months, I've been having a weird problem on my Lenovo desktop where the internet will sometimes be labeled as connected but with 'no internet.' This happens at seemingly random times. Sometimes, 4+ other devices will be on zoom/ work calls, and sometimes it'll happen while I'm the only one home. Usually, I'd restart my router or restart the wifi, and it wouldn't bother me for another couple of days/ weeks. Additionally, while I am on zoom and google meet calls, my wifi will seem to cut in and out (like in the chart attached). Sometimes, it looks like the network adaptor is having issues because when I click on the wifi icon, it won't let me turn on wifi to view the available networks (although this is always quickly resolved). Yesterday, my wifi completely shut off multiple times for a longer period of time and persisted to do so even after restarting the computer, updating windows and all the drivers, reinstalling the driver for my network card, etc. I also cleared my cache in the command prompt and did the 'network reset' option in windows settings. I'm mainly curious if you guys think this is a hardware or software problem- I've read some vague reports of people saying that they had certain apps that interfered with their wifi. Something else I've noticed that may be helpful in diagnosing the problem is that when I try and access a website and my wifi isn't working, the browser will quickly say something about the DNS not being found, and then switch over to the more usual 'no internet' screen.
c253621d-1191-4010-9f17-3707ae6a49ce?upload=true.jpg
Thanks for any insights or assistance,

-D

PS: In the past, the spikes were more like every 15 seconds (not like in this screenshot from today). Additionally, while not flatlining, it would usually be at 1-3 mbps.

e1d0c96e-1ac6-485b-a254-945e06e94fb8?upload=true.png

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom