How to change the microsoft account associated with a machine?

S

Shukan

Hello.

I am a recent graduate who built my computer about 2 years ago. Back then, I had microsoft office given by the school. Later I moved away and lost access to office, so in order to gain it back I used my parents' credentials. Since then, my entire user account on this machine has been linked to their microsoft account. I have to log in to their microsoft account to change settings, I can't control some of my settings, and I had to set up a local password so that every time they reset the password and didn't tell me, I retained access to my machine. I'm basically this close to slashing and burning - reinstalling windows entirely. I would rather keep everything I have installed as is, so hopefully you guys can help me.

I would like to remove their account from my computer. To clarify, I would like to scrub their entire microsoft account and all logins on this computer associated with that microsoft account. I want to restore this computer to my original microsoft account which operates with a different email and is not, in any way, operated by them.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom