The ordinal could not be located in the dynamic link library.

B

BradleyThompson5

Hi,

I'm at the end of my tether at this point and have almost given up.

When I try to install a piece of software I get the error "The ordinal could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Users \[username]\Desktop\X1 4.1\x1.exe."

The first issue was side-to-side configuration which I eventually solved by installing a specific version of visual c++.

Using event viewer >custom views > administrative events I resolved previous issues but now cannot get beyond this error.

I have up to date .NET framework, up to date visual c++ and visual studio.

This is all running on windows 10 after trying to run the programme on windows 7 didn't work.

I have even tried it on a reinstalled version of windows 10 and added programs one at a time to see if that worked.

An earlier error message said essentially the same thing but included a reference to a missing MSVCR90.DLL

Installing VS should have fixed this but eventually I had to download a version and copy it into the system 32 folder.

When running dependency walker it shows an error with mfc90.dll

I have copied this file into system32 and into the installation folder and still get the same error.

If anyone can help with this it would be a life saver.

N.b. I have made sure windows is updated, run sfc\scannow, etc.

I've put links with some screenshots, and the dependency walker output below in the hope that a person who is more skilled with computers may be able to help.

Thanks for your time.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom