I can’t get my headset microphone to work or be recognized on my Windows 10 laptop.

• Thread starter Henrique Bruno Soares
  • Start date
H

Henrique Bruno Soares

I can’t get my headset microphone to work or be recognized on my Windows 10 laptop.

Only a “microphone array” shows up in Settings and device manager (which corresponds to the laptop built-in mic, which works perfectly fine).

I tried with two different headsets (headphones plus microphone, with combo 3.5 jack, which is the type physically available on the laptop), both of which work fine on any other device, including a Windows 10 desktop computer I also have.

When I configure my headset as “headset” in Realtek Audio Manager device advanced settings - Connector retasking - Analog (or on the pop-up window), the built-in microphone stops working and the headset microphone still does not work.

I’ve already spent a few hours looking for solutions online and trying them out ‒ including looking for drivers, uninstalling device in the device manager and letting Windows reinstall it, etc. ‒ but nothing has worked yet.

This has not been a problem yet because the built-in laptop mic works well, but I’d prefer to have control over which hardware I’m using at a given moment.

Can anyone help? Thank you!

Henrique

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom