New/Old problem with Windows 10 20H2 update on Lenovo ThinkPad L480

M

mldavis99

Since the initial update 20H2 on my Lenovo ThinkPad L480 I had some strange intermittent screen blackouts which occurred for a few seconds. Today after a full Win 10 reset from the cloud, followed by another 20H2 update a new "feature" occurred: when ever I logged out of one user account or tried to switch to another user account, the display would go black but the machine kept running and just wouldn't respond to any commands except a forced power button shutdown. After a lot of error log searching etc. I tried something different. Using a feature in the Lenovo Vantage app I enabled a setting called Lenovo Easy Resume which would act like a short (up to 15 minute) hibernate and restore when the lid was closed and reopened. After this the screen would still go black when logging out of a user or switching users but if the closed the lid and reopened it the next logical screen would be displayed: Lock Screen after a log out and Log In Screen for a user switch!!!

After checking the Lenovo community forums, I discovered that a similar sequence happened recently with the earlier release of 20H2....

May 20H2 isn't so light weight after all???? Got any ideas???

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom