Laptop Crashing At Certain Points While Gaming

S

SimonSulit

It's been over 5-6 months since i've bought my ASUS FX505DV through Amazon and right away i've noticed some problems where the OS BSoDs once i reach certain temperatures on stock clocks, it literally can't be played normally out-of-the-box that i've been forced to underclock it to keep stable. Since then, it was normal - i was able to run games normally now - but ALWAYS at Low Graphics settings which defeats the purpose of the Ryzen 5 + RTX 2060 of the laptop i bought.

I'm starting to think i had bought a defective laptop, because even with all my drivers updated and such; i still encounter BSoDs as if the hardware itself has a problem in the first place.

Back to my problem, though. Recently, the OS crashes i've been getting lately have NO BSoDs now. Straight to black screen, then a full restart. I've tried to look through Event Viewer; but none seem to help me determine what's causing the laptop to crash during gaming. My suspicions are primarily towards the GPU of this laptop; which is a 2060 - or maybe a driver that i've overlooked and forgot to update.

I have minidump files here that are a bit aged, but still usable in tracking the culprit - but i do not know how to upload it for any of you that can help me out.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom