I extended my display to big screen tv. But my main screen turns off when tv off

C

csmovielovers

Hello,

I have a regular PC with windows 10 on it. And it has thebasic setup computer and monitor. It works fine. I decided to add my 85 in screen tv to my computer as an extended display, in case I wanted to play movies or youtube etc. However here is where the problem begins.

I have my computer monitor set as the main display and the tv set the 2ndary display. And I have it to display settings set to display on primary only. I test it and it all works. the tv shows nothing is displaying etc. But as soon as I turn off the tv my computer monitor turns off and I can not get it to turn on.

If I turn off my 85 in (using hdmi cable) it turns off my monitor screen. And I can not find a way to prevent this. I have tried setting the monitor to disisplay on 1. I have tried going to my nvidia control panel and removing the 2nd display. It doesn't matter. Whenever I turn off my tv (it isnt even using the hdmi input), my desktop monitor turns off.

I think I am pretty good with computers and have googled and youtube and I can not find anything matching my symptoms.

Yes if I remove the hdmi cable from my computer everything works again. But I don't want to have to unplug and replug this to get it to work.
I have tried every option in the windows display settings, power settings and few of the nvidia control panel -> setup multiple displays. and I can not get the 2ndary monitor to behave correctly without turning off my primary monitor.

Continue reading...