unable to login on local admi user after enrolling computer on Intune via Windows education

D

DianaFernandes2

Hi,
I recently changed my Windows Home to Windows Education in order to enrol my laptop on Intune, as demanded by my university. The installation was successful but now when I log in on my local user account, it first accepts my usual password but then asks me to change the password to a new one and this is a problem because no matter what I type as a possible new password, windows will always return the message: "the username or password is incorrect".

To be clear, this is not a problem of the old password (windows accepts that one. If I insert a wrong one, it won't even ask for the new password- just literally says that it's wrong). This also doesn't seem to be a problem of the new password as I typed over 100 combinations now and got a detailed and elaborated list of which characters the new password requires from the ICT. I've also checked the keyboard, and that is fine too. I've also tried the log in the shared domain network of my University but that hasn't solved the problem either.

I've read online that my login might be failing because the username of the local user account becomes different in an AAD-joined computer. However, I'm not able to change it because it forces me to use an email address to "Sign in to your work or school account". Any suggestions I can try here?

I've also tried to create and login into a new user account and check the Local User settings and try to manually deactivate "user must change password at next logon". This hasn't worked as it returned the message: "Logon failure: EAS policy requires that the user change their password before this operation can be performed". Any other way I can deactivate this?

Is there a way to revert this entire process so that I go back to my Windows Home/not Intune laptop and can have regular access to my account?

Any suggestions are welcome! I just really want to go back in my old local user account!!

Thanks,

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom