Network File Sharing issue

N

nevarran

Hi.

I have a small network in my room - Two computers and a NAS. And I often move files between them.

Up until the last week everything worked great. But then my PC2 had some issues and I had to reset it (re-installing the Windows). And since then the File Sharing doesn't work properly.

I can see both computers on the network, but I can't open PC1 from PC2. The other way around works, from PC1 I can open PC2. And both computers open the NAS without an issue. But from PC2 I simply can't access PC1.

If I have Password Sharing On on PC1, and I try to open if from PC2, it tells me that the password is wrong. If I turn off the Password Sharing, it just says "Windows cannot access \\PC1".

This is from PC2: (ASROCK-PC is PC1, ASUS-PC is PC2)

778d088a-061f-4955-b4b1-019f0edf263e?upload=true.png

this is from PC1:

8db4057f-7620-42c9-b689-1e2304af1e44?upload=true.png

If I click Diagnose, the troubleshooter can't find the problem.

Both computers have the same network settings. On PC1 I have an online account, the account on PC2 is local.

I looked around the net for a solution, and I have the various services running as people suggest. The networks on both computers are set as Private. I have the same version of Kaspersky Internet Security on both rigs.

Any idea what could be the issue?

Thank you.

p.s. On the screenshots you don't see the NAS under Network, but if I type it's name \\NAS-NAME, it opens it.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom