Getting random BSODs when gaming

P

PeterCapozzi

Hey everyone.

For the past few weeks I've been getting BSODs when playing certain games, namely Total War Warhammer 2, once with Total War Attila and now just today with another game Holdfast Nations at War. It occurs anywhere from 20 minutes in to a little over an hour.

The messages vary from DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION to PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA to UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP to SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

I downloaded bluescreenview and it's saying it's caused by ntoskrnl.exe, address, ntoskrnl.exe+3f5780

From looking up other people with these issues I know it's probably driver related although I haven't narrowed out other things like hardware yet.

I am at my wits end and have tried the following

Chkdsk

Windows Memory Diagnostic

Resetting Windows

Reinstalling the game in question

Adjusting settings in said game

Running games in a compatibility mode

Updating my Bios

Updating drivers for SATA, Graphics, Audio via device manager and nvidia

Using DDU to reinstall my graphics card drivers.

And a couple other things, None of these things found anything wrong or fixed the problem. I really don't know what else to tryhere. I also have all the minidmp files I could find after my system reset.

DMPS

If anybody has any idea on how to solve this problem for me I'd greatly appreciate it. This rig is only a couple months old and cost a lot of money and gaming is one of the things I bought it for.

Thank you for your time.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom