new pc crashes (very quickly flashes blue screen of death and then tries to repair computer to no effect)

R

RowanLowery

I upgraded my pc today with new motherboard, cpu, ram, and an ssd. Everything was working great and then the screen shut off and it went to the “diagnosing problem” screen for windows 10 and told me it couldn’t fix it. I went into bios and I’m honestly not sure what I did but I got it to startup normally again played some Minecraft and was changing my wallpaper about 8 hours later when it happened again. Upon further inspection of bios I have noticed that my ssd which contains the operating system is not actually recognized as a boot option, just my hard drive and my disc drive. However I can boot override to my ssd and it is recognized as a drive from my pc and I’ve been installing things onto it all day so I know it works. I don’t know if this is even a related issue, but I figured I should mention it. I also know that I was looking at my hard drive (which I did a quick format on earlier) also for some reason has a copy of windows on it? I’m not sure if that’s just automatic or if that might accidentally cause problems but the HD was not plugged in when I did my initial boot because I didn’t want to confuse it with my ssd on accident and i want my operating system on my ssd obviously

Update: booting from hard drive does not work (goes back to same failure screen) my ssd shows up as a recognized drive on my pc but I cannot boot from it however it shows up under "boot override" not sure what thats for.

update 2: I hit boot with recommended settings in bios which set the ssd as the main boot device thank god. i was hoping it would then boot fine, but on boot it has become frozen on the screen with the windows symbol and it doesnt even have the loading bar. just frozen. i have no fricken clue

next step is to reinstall windows on the ssd if i cant figure it out

I’ve checked temps and I’m running base at like 42 degrees Celsius when I looked and I have the wraith cooler that comes with the cpu.

Specs:

AMD ryzen 7 2700x 8-core

Asus b450 rog strix motherboard

2x8 Gb silicon power 2400 MHz

Nvidia GeForce gtx 1050

400 watt PSU (not quite sure the brand but It’s semi modular and I got it from my pc friend and Ik it’s rated 80 gold I think)

1 tb HD

500 GB samsung evo SATA ssd

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom