Alienware 17 R5 Crash While Gaming

M

Mohamad Alis

Hello everyone,

I am writing this post because I have a problem with my computer that no matter how hard I try I have not been able to fix it. I even brought it to computer repair center and the computer still has the same problem, although it got fixed for a few days. Essentially what is happening is that when I am playing video games the computer runs fine for like 10 mins depending on the game and then I get a blue screen and the computer crashes. Then I get a checking media presence.................media found error and my computer proceeds to do automatic repair. Still problem is not fixed. I have also gotten PXE ipv4 over ipv6 error, but same thing happens the screen returns to normal and computer boots without issues. However, as I said the computer will crash when playing any video game with a blue screen of death, followed by a message before computer booting normally everytime. Here is some important information that may help:

My specs:

Model: Alienware 17 R5

Processor Intel 7 8 gen

Graphics Card : NVIDIA GTX 1080

RAM: 16 gb

SSD: 500 GB

HDD: 1 TB

What I have tried:

1) Updated all my drivers

2) Played around with the boot order making sure Windows boot manager is on top of the list over network

3) Disabled ipv4 and ipv6

4) Disabled Secure Boot and use legacy boot ( computer is unable to find boot device if I do this though)

5) Factory Reset the computer and a Fresh Start twice

6) Brought it to a computer repair shop and still problem persists

7) Disabled my wifi and use ethernet ( basically causes computer to freeze, but not crash. So I have to force shutdown)

8) Completely disabling internet and playing offline (then I get a blackscreen in the middle of the game and not crash, must force shutdown)

9) Disabling Killer Network (Which temporarly fixed the issue but it occured again)

I literally don't know what else to try, can anyone please assist me?

Continue reading...