How to disable memory caching and the standby memory in Win 10

C

cyberGotama

Hi,

I have been noticing that my laptop stutters and plain does the hour-glass thing on many occasions. I have been too busy to investigate until now. What I found is that practically all my memory appears to be permanently utilized and when I try to trace what process is using up the memory it cannot be determined. Eventually, I found out that Windows 10 itself is actually doing this via its memory caching and standby memory facilities. I am sure if you are running Win 10 on an up-to-date CPU and with loads of physical RAM these features work fine. But on an old i7 with 16Gb RAM it just makes things worse. Worse still, there does not appear to be any way to TURN THESE FEATURES OFF... this is so frustrating. RAMMap allows you empty some of these areas in memory - bit immediately after clearing the memory you can see it building up again. This is nothing more than a glorified memory leak.. worse still it is also hammering my CPU to perform the required compression operations and additional memory manipulations (hence the drop in performance).

Would someone please tell me how to disable these features? Else, tell me how I can escalate this issue to the point where what I am asking for can be addressed in a future update of Windows 10.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom