Windows Won't Stay Signed Into Accounts (OneDrive, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)

J

Jay.100125

As of a week ago, Windows no longer automatically signs me into my Microsoft account and OneDrive (where my files are stored) when I start my computer and Outlook no longer automatically signs me into my linked Hotmail and Gmail accounts and requests my Hotmail and Gmail passwords when I open Outlook. This started happening after I installed an HP printer driver. I have since returned the printer for other reasons and uninstalled the printer drivers and software. A couple of notes: 1) This isn't a browser issue since I'm not using a browser to access the OneDrive folder in my file explorer and I'm accessing Hotmail and Gmail through Outlook. 2) When I installed the HP printer driver, I turned on "File and Printer Sharing" under the Advanced Sharing Settings under the Network and Sharing Center in the control panel as directed by the driver installation wizard, but have toggled this setting since and it doesn't seem to correct the problem. 3) Yes, I select the boxes that say "stay logged in" or "sign in automatically" each time I enter my passwords to Hotmail, Gmail and OneDrive (Microsoft Account), but this setting seems to get reset each time I shut down my computer and restart. Again, no cookies and browsers are involved since I am not opening a browser.

I suspect this is Security or Firewall setting that was changed since it is a global problem affecting multiple applications, but I cannot seem to locate the setting or reverse the change. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom