Computer/Windows 10 Works Completely Fine When in Safe Mode, Doesn't Even Start Otherwise

B

Begüm Naz Çakır

Hello,

For a few months now my computer has been suddenly crashing (since mid September 2020). It started out as innocent little black screens. Everything was fine once I plugged my laptop back in, and hit the power button when it shut itself down. Then the shutting down got more frequent, and for the last few weeks it turned into BSOD.

The BSOD wasn't so frequent in the beginning either, but it got worse and worse after each blue screen. Now, as you can probably see from the title, it doesn't work unless it's in safe mode. So I'm basically stuck in the infamous "Automatic Repair Loop". A few other options used to work in the beginning, I even tried some command prompt methods but I'm really not good at computer stuff, and that thing got me scared thinking I might make some irreversible mistake. I tried the config thing but because of the latest Windows updates I think, it doesn't work anymore (according to some research I've done at least..).

At first I thought it was an overheating problem, and I somehow managed to fix the overheating problem. I dropped the max running level of CPU to 60% and I now use my laptop on top of a stack of books. And the overheating might have damaged my drivers, or vice versa but again, I'm just trying to come up with logical ideas which might help someone find the actual problem.

The most common error code I got was "THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER" and I remember something related with "watchdog" but it wasn't as common as the "thread stuck in device driver" one. I tried updating my graphics drivers, I think I managed to update one of them, AMD R9 M265X, but with the other one, Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, I got the "Your system does not meet the minimum requirements for this update" error. I don't know if it is something related to me being in safe mode or not, but as far as I remember, I got the same message back when I tried updating it in the normal screen thing.

I don't now if this information will do any help, but I'm just throwing all of the info I have which I think might be helpful. When I'm in safe mode, the drivers which have the yellow "caution" sign next to them are an audio driver, a general monitor something, a microsoft hyper-virtualizing infrastructure driver (?), and the microsoft gs wave table connector (?). So with them blocked, my laptop works completely fine? Ahh I don't know.

With the "high quality" research I've done and the hours I've spent on trying to fix my laptop to be able to continue on watching Netflix, playing The Sims 4 and do online school without being interrupted by all of this stupid errors and loops, I think this is either a driver error (because the safe mode blocks/minimizes the usage of drivers???) or some stupid malware I got in my laptop while trying to watch stuff for free. I hope it is fixable. Btw I have been using "the site" to watch stuff which isn't on Netflix, for free, for YEARS now. It didn't cause any issues before, and I kinda trust the site tbh. But of course, if I knew that much about all of this, I wouldn't be here right now, desperate for a solution.

One last thing, my mouse is acting a little weird also. It does this weird sliding thing, when I'm holding a bar to scroll down, if I leave my finger on it for a little while, it slides down or up automatically. Is my laptop slowly turning insane? Idk.

Anyways, if you have any suggestions for me, PLEASE, I'm begging you PLEASE, post them.

Thank you.

-Begüm

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom