You have to run the 64-bit version of DPInst.exe on this machine. Contact the vendor that provided you this package.

A

AndyVar

Hello there, I need some help installing a driver update from the Microsoft Catalogue.

I've been using a driver updating software (IObit Driver Booster) and it keeps failing to update the EgisTec ES603 Swipe Fingerprint Sensor just saying "Driver Failed".

So I decided to do it manually instead. The installed version of the driver is 3.5.4.0, and the app was trying to install the 3.5.5.0. I managed to find the aforementioned version on the microsoft catalogue seen below:

ae4f01c1-bc2e-4d54-ad76-44926475fbf1?upload=true.png

As can be seen, there are later driver versions as well, so naturally I decided to install the latest version. This downloaded a .cab file with an exe called DPInst. I extracted this file in a folder, copied and pasted in the same folder the rest of the files included in the .cab file and then ran it. I was then greeted with the title of this question "You have to run the 64-bit version of DPInst.exe on this machine. Contact the vendor that provided you this package".

Having found out that other people had the same issue, I followed the steps that were provided as answers to those topics, which included disabling driver signing enforcement (which didn't work) and using the elevated command prompt. There I typed the command DISM /online /Add-Package /PackagePath:"C:\7a47de5c-ad1b-488b-8409-ff693ff94608_d8f9e3d1d867b0e6e82932f030f59db54d669823.cab" and got the following error:

f691cd16-3b05-43a7-851e-3387bdc4de83?upload=true.png

I decided to try the same with the other 3.5.6.0 version of the driver as well as the previous versions of the driver, for the 3.5.5.0, but had the exact same problem running the cmd command, with the exception that the 3.5.5.0 download did not include a DPInst.exe file.

Can someone please help me solve this?

Thank you in advance for your time and help with this.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom