Windows 10 freezes for about 5-30 seconds while playing a game, and while in a discord call.

M

Matthew Ventura

I've been having freezing issues with Windows 10. I have a Mac OS X and use Windows 10 Bootcamp on it. I've been using Bootcamp for about a year or so (had been using it for more than a year but I had to uninstall and reinstall Bootcamp due to choosing low storage) and have had no issues when it came to playing games, running software, etc. Up until around 3 weeks ago, my computer randomly freezes usually when I play video games such as Roblox and Valorant. When it freezes, I cannot move my mouse, and the discord call I am in also stops completely. After about 5-30 seconds, I reconnect in both my game and the call but am disconnected due to the freeze. This also happens rarely when I am just watching a video/scrolling through my computer. This is extremely frustrating especially because I constantly clean my computer and make sure it is running smoothly. I have a program that cleans memory (MemReduct), I constantly use CCleaner, I get rid of the contents in my temp folders, uninstall any programs I don't use, and shut down unnecessary programs that I don't want to use at the moment. I have also tried many different solutions that other people have recommended in the Microsoft Forums and just on the internet, but haven't really done anything to help me. Although the last two days I luckily had no freezing problems, it had come back just about 20 minutes ago and I am posting this to try and reach out for different and effective solutions.

Continue reading...