Wifi option not available in both taskbar and inside settings after windows update. Network adapter also not working(code 10 and code 43) even after u

A

Ashwinkumar Pillai

Version: 10.0.18363 Build 18363

So there was an automatic windows update and after the update I cannot access my Wi-Fi at all. I can only access internet via my ethernet cable.

I even tried to update my driver. Tried troubleshooter. Restarted multiple times. Even restarted the wifi adapter via powershell. None of the methods worked. Initially when I start windows the Wi-Fi option is visible but when I click the button it disappears. The image is below:

ea8a1211-af1e-4cfd-a4e1-1ce5e23399e5?upload=true.jpg

I then went to Settings>Network and Internet> Wifi , switched the wi-fi on and after a few seconds the wifi section disappeared

05be5044-eb0d-4692-8108-0e102ef59cae?upload=true.jpg

I then looked at the network adapters - it shows code 10 error

34899701-98ed-493f-adda-0755f2f298de?upload=true.jpg

So I tried to update the driver:

07ebf419-b042-4781-b8ef-1726848d373f?upload=true.jpg

But it says the driver is up-to-date.

I have encountered this issue before but mostly after updating the driver or doing a hard shut down it turns back on. However, this time its different and won't turn on at all. And this happened after the windows update before that everything was working perfectly.

I even tried to uninstall driver and then reinstall it didn't work. I used the powershell and typed in the command: Restart-NetAdapter -Name "Wi-Fi 2"

At first it seemed to work but again the same error occurred when I tried to access Wi-Fi. This problem seems to be due to the update. Everytime I start windows the Wi-Fi icon comes back but as soon as I click it, its gone.

Can you please assist me and tell me what I can do to solve this issue. I have read other forums and tried to implement the fixes mentioned there but all in vain.

Thank you for your support.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom