Others have asked this question in the past, but after trying everything, my default browser keeps changing to Edge!!!!!

S

StevenOsburn

This has been happening several times a week, and at times, a few times PER DAY! I change the default browser to Chrome, and then lo and behold, suddenly my default now says "Choose a Default", and Edge comes up until I (AGAIN) change it back to Chrome... I've changed it in "Default Apps" to Chrome. I've tried "Choose Default Apps by Protocol" changing BOTH HTTP and HTTPS to Chrome. I've tried "Choose Default Apps by File Type" for .htm and .html files to Chrome. AND IN ALL CASES, after a day, two days, or maybe a few hours, I'm right back to Edge - which I do NOT want! WHY? I'm not a computer expert, but this is ridiculous! WHY can't Microsoft accept my choices and stick with it? This is just plain wrong! I've done ALL of the above 2 times today alone! I even did a computer restart - and it still happened. EDGE SUCKS, and I don't want to use it! Don't I have a right to make this choice and stick with it?

One additional note - the time I typically find out this change to Edge has happened is when I click on a link in Microsoft Outlook (Office 365). So maybe Office 365, or the interaction between Office and Windows 10, is the issue. Regardless, the time I notice the problem is typically when I click on a link in an email. Maybe email is or is not related, but that is when I notice that a new Edge window pops up. I'm pretty sure this has also happened when I click on a link from an Excel (Office 365) file as well.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom