PC frequently crashing in certain games - Kernel-Power error

J

JanEhehalt

Hello,

this ist the first time I have to ask something in a forum. I am usually able to solve all the problems I have on my own. But now I don't know how to go on with my Problem. So... I recently upgraded my PC. I got a new CPU, Mainboard and new RAM. I kept my old PSU and GPU. Here are my specs:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x

GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ Rx 580 4GB Vram

PSU: 600W Sharkoon Rush Power C 80+ Bronze

RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3600Mhz (on 3466Mhz (Mainboard limit))

Mainboard: MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max

So, I installed all of the new components and did a new clean install of Windows. I kept all my games on my HDD while installing windows on my SSD. Now I have the following Problem: In some games (not in every game) either the game randomly crashes, Windows as a whole is completely crashing (Showing a different Error message every time). Some games which are crashing for sure: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege, Call of Duty: Warzone. Another Game which is not crashing is e.G. The Witcher 3. Because this only happens while gaming (not while coding or doing other stuff) I think, that this is related to my GPU drivers. So I installed the newest Adrenaline software for my GPU, which didn't help and somtimes even made things worse. So in uninstalled it again. So this didn't help at all. Now I took a look into the system event viewer. And there I saw the reasons for the Windows crashes: Kernel-Power. But I'm also pretty sure that it's not related to my PSU, because it worked great with my old hardware (some Gigabyte Mainboard and i3-4130 and 2x4GB HyperX memory). I don't know what could be the Problem. Maybe someone could help me examine the log files or sth. Please help :) thx,

Jan

Continue reading...