Trouble with windows but I cant reinstall it... apparently

C

CannonFodderIR

Genaral Warning - The following text probably contains alot of rambling and useless imformation and is missing some key parts, and may very well just come accross as me having a public tantrum for no apparent reason... I love fiddling around with Hardware, but I am utterly useless at Software...

So on my Windows 10 PC (Running, Almost functionally) whenever I try to reset it, I get told that it cant figure out if my PC is capible of running windows (the operating system it has been running since I built it...) I am not actually 100% sure what I am hoping to acomplish here, but any advice would be very welcome!

• I have had some trouble with various things, most recently including a new, Frame rate drops, DirectX crashes, etc. and I have been advise to run CheckDisk, which fails due to something or other, and to fix it, i have been asked to run something else (cant remember the name), and that fails and asks me to run CheckDisk to look for a fix... (having just run ChkDsk it did actually work for some magical reason, and results all came out fine (to my eyes, at least))
  • Whenever I try to Update Windows, it installs, than upon boot, takes 3 attempts at "Configuring" then gives up and undoes the changes.
  • Upon booting the entire system jitters (mouse movement and sound runs properly for about half a second then freezes for half a second and so on untill all programs set to start on launch are running
  • Sound Card doesnt wake with PC after going to sleep - requires entire system reboot to get any output (although today I did loose sound mid game for no apparent reson which again required a reboot to fix)
  • Sound Card receives severe interference noises very occationally, lasting about half a second
  • While playing Warzone the systen would randomly freeze and get stuck in a bootloop (no video output, but fans spinning up and calming down on repeat) untill i reset it. temperatures were fine, ram had 4 GBs spare, CPU was cruising on 60% useage

I am not too keen on reformatting both of my drives, as I would rather keep program data, and CAD files and stuff like that, and I have not organised them at all, making it very difficult to be sure I have everything backed up...

Seeing as I got his OS preinstalled on a PC I bought seconds hand for fairly cheep, I do not have too much reservation towards removing the OS and buying Windows 10 for myself, if that would actually recognise that my PC does meet the requirments for install... (obviously I would rather fix whats broken than throw it out entirly)

Potential Boo Boo on my part: Due to lack of knowledge and pateince not being able to install windows the traditional way when upgrading my storage (not proud to admit I didnt give it much effort), I used a drive Cloning tool to clone from my old SSD (boot drive) to my new M.2 drive, and then removed the old drive from the system and adjusted boot order in BIOS, and it worked, but may well have damaged the OS for all I know... (windows update failed before this)

What I am after is any way to reinstall windows, or if anyone thinks they can pinpoint any causes for any of the above assortment of problems, please do chip in!

Its my first time posting here. If I have done something wrong, (for example formatting, wrong thread, too much info, not enough info, or if it just belongs on a different forum all together) please let me know and I will fix it ASAP

Random Things I just thought of (may or may not be relevant):

• Quickboot is turned On
  • Power options are set to full performance mode
  • Original PC was purched via Ebay with windows 10 education edition installed - all componants have since been swapped out (even down to the motherboard) but the OS is the same
  • I use Driverbooster on Steam to check all drivers are up to date about once a month
  • I am not duel booting it, to my knowledge I have no other OS on either disk
  • Boot drive has 170GB free, storage drive had 900GB free
  • Boot drive only has 1 Partition; for OS (formatted as FAT32) the other side is formatted as NTFS. the OS partition is 96MB with 58MB free
  • all parts currently in PC have been purchaced brand new and undamaged (exept OS, if you count that)
  • I mainly use my PC for Gaming

Quick specs:

• Ryzen 7 2700X
  • 16GB RAM (2x8GB DIMMs @ 3200Hz) HyperX
  • Asus Prime X570 Mobo
  • RX5700 8GB by ASUS
  • Sabrent Rocket 2TB PCIe 4.0 M.2 Boot Drive
  • Corsair HX750i PSU

Deep Specs:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Education
Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name IAMCOMPUTER
System Manufacturer System manufacturer
System Model System Product Name
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU SKU
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor, 4000 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1404, 08/11/2019
SMBIOS Version 3.2
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
BaseBoard Product PRIME X570-P
BaseBoard Version Rev X.0x
Platform Role Desktop
Secure Boot State Off
PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale United Kingdom
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.17763.1432"
Username IAMCOMPUTER\ ****************
Time Zone GMT Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 15.9 GB
Available Physical Memory 10.5 GB
Total Virtual Memory 25.9 GB
Available Virtual Memory 17.2 GB
Page File Space 10.0 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Kernel DMA Protection Off
Virtualisation-based security Not enabled
Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and the device is not InstantGo, Un-allowed DMA-capable bus/device(s) detected, TPM is not usable
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualisation Enabled in Firmware No
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

Continue reading...