Error 0x800701B1: A device which does not exist was specified when copying a file from a USB hard drive to the laptop.

V

Vekly

Error 0x800701B1: A device which does not exist was specified when copying a file from a USB hard drive to the laptop. Already tried the following...

1. Made sure that the USB connector, drive, file are working fine. The file can be opened and the contents seen without any issue. So there is no data corruption or bad sectors or stuff like that...

2. The USB device has sufficient power and I also checked with another powered USB dock. Same issue.

3. All the cables, laptop and the rest are plugged in and working correctly.

4. Used windows update and brought my Windows 10 to the latest patch level as of 1/2/2021 2:51 A.M CST.

5. Deleted the USB Hub drivers, reinstalled, updated the drives n-times!

I think it is a bug in the operating system...

Suggestions..

1. When using the drag and drop to copy from the USB drive, when the system encounters this error and the "skip" option is selected, the system should skip that file and continue copying the rest of the files selected for copy.

2. Fix this error forever.

I spent countless hours figuring this issue out by combing through the web with no use. Microsoft should be ashamed of putting people into this predicament for a simple task of copying files... It seems this issue is going on for months with no resolution...

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom