srttrail.txt error persists after clean install of windows 10

J

Justin184

Hello,

I recently bought an SSD (SanDisk Ultra 3D SSD 1TB) and installed it in my PC. I also installed Windows on the SSD using a usb, making sure to clear the disk Windows was previously installed on. I started experiencing crashes and freezes forcing me to turn off the PC.

For context, I got multiple blue screens with errors like SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER. Also, my PC went a couple of times into an infinite on/off loop that would prevent it from booting. So, I restarted my PC holding shift and used the Automatic repair tool: Couldn't repair your PC... C:/.../srttrail.txt.

Looked online for fixes, I tried pretty much all of them and decided to reset my pc, bit it didn't work : crashes and on/off loops.

Now, after checking the hardware making sure everything looks fine, I cleared both of my SSD and my HDD (both plugged in 6GB SATA ports) and re-installed Windows again. When I launch the auto-repair tool, the srttrail.txt error is still there, so I'm assuming it's not a problem with the installation of Windows.. ? My pc pretty much only has Windows on it right now, and Microsoft Edge.

I thought the SSD I chose wouldn't cause compatibility problems since it's not an M.2, but I'm not sure anymore...

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3601 MHz, 4 cores

DUAL GTX1060 6GB

650 W power supply

16Gb RAM

Motherboard : ??? from ASUS prebuilt pc (Model : K30AD_M31AD_M51AD)

I have no idea what to do next and it's getting a little frustrating.

Can anyone help me figure this out?

Thank you.

Note: I never encountered any issues before installing the new SSD and I was already on Win10 before all that.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom