Microsoft Family Account Password issue

B

ButterZ83

Hello. I recently setup an old laptop of mine for an 8 year old to use. I made him an account with the Microsoft Family thing connected to my personal account so I could manage screen time, content etc. The laptop is running latest version of Win10 Pro. It is asking with a constant pop up for his password details to be entered (something i'm guessing he's clicked wrong somewhere). The issue is I can't remember what I set the password to be. I remember the PIN but not the password. I have tried doing the reset password steps and have recieved this email twice after attempting to reset the password.

We recently received a request to recover your Microsoft account lo*****@outlook.com. Unfortunately, our automated system has determined that the information you provided was not sufficient for us to validate your account ownership. Microsoft takes the security and privacy of our customers very seriously, and our commitment to protecting your personal information requires that we take the utmost care in ensuring that you are the account owner.

I have entered all the information to the best of my memory that I can and still cannot get the password to be changed or reminded what it is so I can stop this pesky reminder coming up on the Laptop as it is literally taking priority over whatever he is trying to do. (generally play minecraft, etc)

Is there another way that I can get this password issue worked out. (Clumsy of me I know to forget what I made the password .. oops)

Thanks

Clinton

Continue reading...