Pc not shutting down or restarting through Windows

• Thread starter LovelyPup424209
  • Start date
L

LovelyPup424209

I have a problem with my cpu, gpu, and cooling fans all not turning off, because of my windows not shutting down/restarting correctly.

Just as as a note, (correct me if I'm wrong) but I personally believe this is a motherboard/bios issue.

My motherboard is an AM4 B550 GAMING PLUS, holding an amd ryzen 5600x (stock fan) After checking the bios I couldn't find anything to do with fan controls for anything, and I also noticed I am not on the latest bios version.

I have also read a fair amount of posts that have also mentioned windows stability issues. Which makes me deters me to update my bios to the latest version, as I am only two versions below it.

So here's how the problems start:

I am finished using my pc, I close everything that was open and click the shut down option, through windows in the bottom left. The blue shut down screen comes up as normal, and begins the circle timer as it is shutting down, seconds later my screen goes black as normal, but my 3 front rgb fans, rear fan, gpu and cpu fans remain spinning, and my power button remains lit.

After leaving my pc for about 5+ minutes to see if it will turn off, my fans/pc were not going to turn off. So after waiting, I attempt to press the power button once and nothing happens. Therefore I'm forced every-time to hold the power button down for about 5 seconds until it shuts off all the fans and everything completely.

In the instance where I restart my pc through the option in the bottom left of windows, my pc will show the blue restarting window as normal for a few seconds, then phase to a black screen, only to remain on the black screen and not restart at all and just be stuck on the black screen. All fans remained on again with no change. Pressing the power button once does nothing, again forcing me to hold down the power button for 5 seconds, as well as not being able to restart through windows.

Finally in the last instance, my pc was left afk for the amount of minutes I have set, to bring it into hibernation/sleep mode, after entering this mode it would turn off the monitor screen as normal, however moving my mouse or pressing keys on my keyboard wouldn't wake my screen up, leaving me stuck on a black screen, forcing me to hold down the power button for 5 seconds to re boot my pc again.

If anybody has any advice they could give or any information, it would be appreciated, as I'm stuck right now and open to all opinions/options.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom