Converting Raw C drive into a file which I can access without deleting the data inside

R

Ross_337

Hello everyone,

I apologize if my wording of the situation is poor and if I'm describing several different problems under this post.

Anyway, roughly two weeks ago I installed a driver as part of an update a software (Hitfilm express) suggested I get. After getting that update my Lenovo G50-80 began to crash frequently and needed to restart after each one, but about a week ago I got stuck in an automatic repair screen which would keep loopokg me back to a black screen where all I could do was move my cursor.

I did a bit of research on my own and found the issue was most likely a booting error and the way to resolve it was to reinstall windows 10 through a USB which is what I have begun to do. On the windows 10 setup I cannot perform any of the repair or troubleshooting methods and I cannot do a basic install, it asks that I do a custom install where I change around the disk partitions but I'm reluctant to do anything that may remove any data on those drivers as I've been using it for five years now and much of what's on it isn't backed up anywhere.

The route I've tried to take is going to command prompt and trying to get access to the C drive so I can save the data somewhere else such as another USB or disk. When ive tried to use CD C: I end up staying on X: which I believe is my USB driver?

I tried opening up notepad and seeing if I could access my C drive that way but it told me I would need to format the drive which again I'm relectuant to do in case I lose any data on the drive.

I used diskpart and list volume to find the c drive was listed as being RAW and when I looked up what that meant saw other people had similar issues to what I was facing but I could fond no clear solution that would work for me.

Is there any way I can convert the C drive into a format which I can access and save the already existing data on it before I begin repairs and is what I have been doing until now the right way to go about reolving this boot issue?

I've attached images showing what I see in diskpart and in custom setup in case I missed anything which may be relevant.

2468cad8-7cf3-4ce0-9ad7-487f7267cc05?upload=true.jpg5db5f3c5-4cfe-49c3-83e3-36bdd83f9a98?upload=true.jpg

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom