SOUND PROBLEM - Realtek Audio in HP Spectre 360x 2-1 (2016) Win 10

P

PZLUXE

My problem is one day after computer was running perfectly fine, I just suddenly had no audio device to produce sound. The speaker icon in the Win tool bar had an X and said " No audio device present". I checked if there was an WIndows update the night before and there was. It was the 1604 update. I have no other issues with computer. I reinstalled latest drivers from HP first and got Device manager to show the realtek audio component. However, still there was no sound. With computer on looking at the speaker icon in the Windows tray at the bottom of my screen if I hovered over it, it was like 2 drivers competing for control of the device or speakers. Every 5 seconds or so 1 was realtek HD audio (SST) and the 2nd was Realtek HD audio ((SST)). This would constantly happen whenever using laptop.

I have tried everything. The device works because once I removed it for device manager and restarted and it found new hardware and worked for about 10 seconds until a second driver gets installed. I am not a computer noob. I am MCSE certified way back in 2000 and A+ cert at the same time. I have done everything besides wiping and starting over. Now I am showing no audio device present after doing a delete and restart of the Realtek Hardware.

I have looked into the issues listed in admin console and it just says "needs further installation". This laptop has the Bang & Olson speakers which probably has a part in this issue. But I have tried everything with that. I have tried Windows 10 drivers, revert to state before 1604 update. But now I am on the 2H something update.

Anyone have any ideas. It is almost like it islooking for some Bose Headphones I connnected to it at one time. But tried everything with those.

I have not looked into the BIOS. That would be my last step before wiping and starting fresh.

Thanks-Phil

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom