Windows 10 low fps after booting for few hours, even on desktop

X

{xqc}

Firstly, I'd like to clarify that this isn't really a windows problem, but most likely to be caused by some software I've installed. I still hope to gain some advice on how, if possible, to prevent those apps from lowering my fps from the system level.

With that clarified, here's the problem. I was using windows 20H2, and I realize after booting for a few hours, even moving the mouse cursor is laggy. I have a 240Hz panel, and I can visually see when I move my cursor, there are cursors dragging behind my actual cursor. Thus, my very long troubleshooting begins.

First, I made sure that my hardware is fine by discarded all by overclocking profile and tested each of my ram dimms. The problem persists.

Then I performed a clean reboot, the problem still here after normal work (with Spotify, adobe PDF reader, chrome, discord, slack, steam, zoom), still have the problem

Step 3: I asked for a 1909 copy of Windows 10 and wiped all my stuff, after re-installing without any app, the problem is gone.

I was about to conclude that something's wrong with windows 20H2, but that's not true. I then installed only three of my games through windows, and slack, discord...... still computer is fine, until I install Acronis (for back up), Adobe pdf reader, and Fences (for a better look), the problem is here, again.

so the problem can only be caused by one of the three. I just uninstalled Fences and removed everything related from the registry, and the problem is still here. The result is a little counter-intuitive, as both of the two remaining apps are rather reputable and bought from the official website. To find out what exactly is causing the problem, I disabled Acronis-related services and canceled the start-up, and the problem is still here......

So, that lead me to believe some compatibility issue is happening, as I doubt Adobe "expectedly" makes your computer laggy like that. The problem has yet to be solved so any idea would be appreciated.

Finally, here's my rig:

Ryzen 9 3900x

2x16G of G.skill trident Z neo 3600 ram

RTX 2080 ti

crosshair viii hero

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom