Wifi Not Working on Windows 10 Lenovo Laptop - Tried Many Solutions and Nothing Works

L

Layla_358

I really need some help because the wifi on my computer struggles to connect so badly, I spend roughly 30 minutes to over an hour on a daily basis trying to fix this issue. When I open up my laptop, first, it says I am not connected to the internet even though I have it set to connect automatically to my apartment's. Then, when I try to connect, it says "cannot connect to this network." The thing is though, all other devices in my home don't have this issue. I have never once had a connection problem on my phone, PS4, switch... and my roommate's devices never have an issue either. I know it's not the router.

I have gone into settings and had my computer forget my specific wifi and I have tried reconnecting but that only works about 20% of the time. Sometimes that does the trick just fine, but most of the time, I just get the same message I always do and that it cannot connect to the wifi.

I have tried doing a network reset several times and each time, it takes about 10 minutes to have the five minute warning pop up to come up and then when it's in the process of restarting, I get a blue screen and a frowny face saying something went wrong and it has to restart. But, I thought that is what it was doing?? It does this every time and I am so confused on whether if it is supposed to do that or if that is a bad thing.

I tried disabling my network device and enabling it and that doesn't work at all. If anything, it just sits there loading until I have to restart my computer because nothing is happening.

Then, I tried to uninstall the network device (which I know it automatically reinstalls upon restarting the computer) and I have done that multiple times and it only works half the time... when it does work, it only lasts for a few hours and then when I put my computer to sleep, the issue starts all over again.

Eventually, the issue becomes so bad that the wifi option just disappears. It takes forever to load and then nothing shows up. It just gives me the option to put it into airplane mode and that's it. Even in the settings, the wifi options disappears.

Then, I tried to avoid putting my computer to sleep and instead I fully turned it off. That worked twice and I thought this would be my solution, but nope. The third time it all started again and I sat there for 45 minutes trying to get it to connect to the wifi.

Heck, I have even forced turned off my computer and if I do that three times in a row, it seems to fix itself and that solution has worked about two or three times now... which can't be good for the computer to force shut it off three times that quickly every single day.

I am the end of my rope and I am in tears. This computer is almost two years old and it was really expensive. I took good care of it, making sure to charge it properly and make sure it doesn't get too hot or dusty... I have made sure not to load too much onto the computer and other than a few glitches here and there, it was working fine until Microsoft forced an update a few months ago. Then, as windows continued to update, fixing the other problems I had, the wifi got worse and worse and worse with each one. It used to only do this occasionally and a good restart or network reset would do the trick, and now it has transformed into a daily problem that nothing can fix. Troubleshoot doesn't even know what to do.

Please, PLEASE, I am begging for help, I want to find a solution to this. If I need to replace the wifi card or whatever it is called or buy a network adapter, then so be it, but I don't even know where to begin with that and I want to know what is wrong with my computer and if there is a solution before I try these things.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and help me out. Sorry if I sound desperate here, it is just because I am so exhausted from having to spend so much time on solutions that don't work.

Continue reading...