Games crash randomly on new PC with Ryzen 5600x and RTX 3080

N

Nyctomane

Hey,

I recently build a PC for way too much money.

Now it runs quite well, doesn't even BSOD any more but games crash very often. Some games much more often than others.

Hardware:
- Gigabyte RTX 3080 (Gaming OC, afaik)
- Ryzen 5600X
- MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus
- 2x8GB G.Skill RipJaws V (3600 MHz)
- Samsung 970 EVO
- Samsung 870 QVO
- be quiet! Straight Power 11 750W (Platinum)

- Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Current status:

I play on an 4K Samsung monitor and on an 144Hz FullHD Dell monitor. Sometimes only one of them is connected. The problems occur no matter which one is, tho.

All drivers are up to date. That is at least the chipset driver, the BIOS, graphics driver and whatever you can grab from the MSI website for that mainboard (latest stable, not beta). Even an extra Ryzen driver from amd themselves was installed yesterday (didn't know those were a thing).

Current problems in short:

I'll just list a few crashes where we actually got a message in the Windows Event Viewer. All messages are translated from German to English (by me) so you can't just type those in Google.

At the end there's a very interesting thing we found just now, though.

StarWars Battlefront (I):

Crash 1:

Name of error program: starwarsbattlefront.exe, Version: 1.0.7.64833, timestamp: 0x586bb774
Name of error module: nvwgf2umx.dll, Version: 27.21.14.6089, timestamp: 0x5fd4010d
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Error offset: 0x00000000002de16d
ID of the error process: 0xb18
Start time of program: 0x01d6df76f604414d
Path of program: D:\Games\Origin\Games\STAR WARS Battlefront\starwarsbattlefront.exe
Path of module: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_a51067c0ac557884\nvwgf2umx.dll

Crash 2:

Name of error program: starwarsbattlefront.exe, Version: 1.0.7.64833, timestamp: 0x586bb774Name of error module: starwarsbattlefront.exe, Version: 1.0.7.64833, timestamp: 0x586bb774​

Exception code: 0xc0000005
Error offset: 0x0000000003894da4
ID of the error process: 0x21c8
Start time of program: 0x01d6e479695d2909
Path of program: D:\Games\Origin\Games\STAR WARS Battlefront\starwarsbattlefront.exe
Path of module: D:\Games\Origin\Games\STAR WARS Battlefront\starwarsbattlefront.exe​

StarWars Battlefront II:

Crash 3:

Volume shadow copy error: When calling routine "QueryFullProcessImageNameW" an unexpected error occured. hr = 0x80070006, the handle is invalid.

Process:
Asynchronous process is running
Context:
Current status: DoSnapshotSet

(+ at least 2 more Crashes in SW Battlefront 2 without any message in the Event Viewer.)

Then there were at least a few crashes in Valorant and Cyberpunk. No other games were played on this new PC yet but they'd probably crash, too.

Those crashes all happen inside a running match (which is probably just coincidence cause most of the time you have a game running you're in a match? Or maybe not. Maybe it's just happening when the demand on the PC is high)

And now comes the really interesting part. In the event viewer, under "Windows protocols" -> "System" there's this warning being posted almost every second when the PC is running (sometimes up to 10 times per second).

(Again, this is just a translation from the original German message to English)

Source: WHEA-Logger

Corrected hardware error.

Reported by component: CPU core
Error source: Unknown Error Source
Error type: Bus/Interconnect Error
Processor-APIC-ID: 0​

So.... what can I do next? I've read this could be a power supply problem, or CPU, or Windows, or ... well, basically everything if you search long enough.

P.S. all bios settings are on defaults. We did run the RAM on 3600 manually but later we switched back to the default of like 2133 or something.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom