Mouse Wheel Issues

K

KolbyDUH

I have gone through dozens of “solutions” that have not fixed the scroll wheel issue for my mouse on Windows 10.

The scroll wheel will jump in random directions for no obvious reason— it will scroll the wrong direction at random, double zoom, and sometimes just do nothing or go in and out at the same time. Sometimes it will work okay, and sometimes the scroll wheel will be completely unusable. The rest of my mouse is flawless, but my scroll wheel is next to worthless most of the time, if not always.

The driver for my mouse has been updated. I have used mouse drivers downloaded online. I have uninstalled my drivers and rebooted my computer. I have gotten two new mice, both of which have the exact same issue with no change in severity. Wireless and wired both don’t work. I have updated to the latest version of Windows. I have fiddled constantly with the mouse settings, all having no effect on the issue. And there are zero troubleshooting options online that go over other solutions.

I have put up with this for way too long, and as a game developer I am zooming in and out almost constantly as I work. Sometimes I will spend an entire minute just trying to zoom in, which is horrendous when working in a time-is-money market. At this point, my mice are unusable while trying to work, but I have no alternatives as I develop for PC users, and I cannot use a controller as a mouse.

How in the world do you fix the scroll wheel? Not the pointer, JUST the scroll wheel. My drivers have been updated, uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted, and customized a million times, and with multiple mice under my belt, there has to be some other reason my mice would be working like this. Any other options that don’t involve getting a new laptop?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom