RDP not connecting from MacBook to Windows 10 Pro

V

VishnuPradeesh

Both MacBook and Windows Laptop are connected to same wifi. I have provided the IP address of the Windows laptop to connect to it using RDP from MacBook. RDP app in mac is the official Microsoft's one. It asks for username and password. I have given my Microsoft account username and password (since Windows is logged from MS account with PIN setup). RDP is not accepting the password. I tried PIN, password and even created app password to connect. Nothing works. My account is setup with MFA.

I find it weird that MS pushed so hard to sign Windows using MS account but none of its RDP works out of the box. I saw suggestions saying to create local account which is super weird for MS itself. Or, they ask to sign in using password rather PIN. They why do they push to create PIN? MS collects every data from PC but they cannot connect PIN with password or they don't know that those are from same accounts? They don't trust themselves? Given the cost of Pro license, RDP should be working fluidly out of the box. Most solutions I find online is BS, asking to go into ton of settings and tweaking. If that's how MS wants to do, then Pro license should be free.

Continue reading...