Windows 10 wants to repopulate all folders within folders on another drive when I open it

J

JimDirt

I just started having a issue where for example I go to My Documents which I have on a secondary 2tb drive , I open the folder (I did not restart Windows or do anything that should cause this to happen) and if the folder has a few videos from my GoPro , or (few like 3 or 4) or I open My Documents and go to a folder I have with Motorcycle pictures , etc. and then within that folder I have another folder of just videos from my GoPro , it will repopulate everything , then I open the next folder and it does the same ..... I can go back to my desktop , then go back to my Documents and it works fine on the folders I opened , but if I go to a folder I did not open at that time , it will repopulate as well , then once it has been opened it opens normally , until I wait several hours , then (without restarting the PC or anything) it will do the same thing again , a green population bar runs across the top as it repopulates , this did not do this before and even restarting my PC does not solve the issue , I have had the PC going for about 6 months , it is a gaming PC , it is plenty fast (6 core I7 8700) with 16gb ram and a 6gb water cooled video card , it has a built in 232gb SSD that Windows and nothing else is on , then all of My Documents are on one 2TB hard drive (My Documents folder is 623gb) , then I have another 2TB hard drive that I have all my Programs and games on

I have no clue as to why it needs to refresh a folder that had nothing added to it between the times it was opened last , or anything else was done that would necessitate it to need refreshing ..... what is causing this ??? , and how do I stop it from continuing to do this ??? , it has all current updates with the exception of the Feature Update as I refuse to install that on my PC ...

Any info that will actually help with this would be appreciated ... Thanks ...... Jim ( with the exception of reformatting , as I refuse to do that) ....

One other thing , it might be related or not , I don't know

When I open anything , like My Documents from my desktop , even if I closed it in a full window , it will open in a small window and I have to click the middle square to 2 squares to get it to open full again , this also started recently , so the issue seems to have something to do with folders , or Windows Explorer possibly

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom